Thank you to all the teams that applied and have registered to participate in the Rotman Design
Challenge on March 2-3, 2013!
Presentation decks will be due Thursday, February 28th, at 5:00pm EST. No edits or changes will be
permitted after that time. Appendices are permitted but must be included with this submission.
In order to ensure the impartiality of our judges, teams are urged not to identify their school, school colors, or school mascot in any way in their presentation decks or during their presentation. Violation of this rule will lead to disqualification.
Each team will present in the first round of the challenge on the morning of Sunday, March 3. Presentations
should last no more than 12 minutes, which will be followed by 8 minutes of judges Q&A.
The winning team from each room in the first round will get a chance to present in the final round on the
afternoon of Sunday, March 3. Presentation and Q&A length will remain the same and no edits will be
permitted to the presentation decks.
Prizes for winning teams will be awarded as follows after the final round:
1st Place Team: $2,500 (+ eternal glory and bragging rights)
2nd Place Team: $1,500 (+ our deep admiration)
3rd Place Team: $500 (+ a pretty solid round of applause)
We’re thrilled to announce the full list of competing schools:
- California College of the Arts (CCA)
- Darden School of Business, University of Virginia
- IIT Institute of Design, Illinois Institute of Technology
- McCombs School of Business, The University of Texas at Austin
- Ontario College of Art & Design (OCAD)
- Richard Ivey School of Business, University of Western Ontario
- Rotman School of Management, University of Toronto
- Sauder School of Business, University of British Columbia (UBC)
- Sloan School of Management, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)
Good luck to all teams! We look forward to meeting you in Toronto!
- Toronto Maps and Guides
- Download map of Toronto
- Best of Toronto
- Learn about what Toronto has to offer.
- TTC Trip Planner
- Information on getting around
Things to see in Toronto
- CN Tower
- Enjoy the view from the world's tallest building.
- Toronto Islands
- It's a quick ferry ride to see the islands.
- Casa Loma
- Visit Toronto's historic castle.
- The Distillery Historic District
- Unique in the city for amazing boutiques and specialty one-of-a-kind crafts.
For the foodies
- Saint Lawrence Market
- Named the world's best food market by National Geographic!
- Little Italy
- Enjoy some of Toronto's best restaurants.
- Veggie/Vegan Options
- A list of great vegetarian and vegan options in Toronto.
- Gluten Free Options
- A list of the best gluten and wheat free restaurants in Toronto.
For the gallery lovers
- Art Gallery of Ontario (AGO)
- The largest art gallery in Toronto.
- Royal Ontario Museum
- Very close to Rotman!
- Bata Shoe Museum
- A shoe museum? We haz.
- Gardiner Museum
- Special exhibits and collections.
For the shop-a-holics
- Bloor-Yorkville District
- Unmatched in Toronto for charm and culture with European style boutiques and high luxury brands.
- Toronto Eaton Centre
- Visit "Canada's Times Square" at this world-class mall in the heart of downtown Toronto.
If you have any questions or concerns, please email Christine Wheatley and Talia Vinograd at email@example.com.